In case you have a heavy web page or your site visitor is using a slow internet connection you may not want your site visitor to wait for page to load in installments. Web designers prefer to add a preloader to their webpages so that visitor can be informed about the inprocess loading of the page.
Now the question is how do we add a preloader in Adobe Muse ? Answer is very simple use the Preloader Widget created by Musepen.com
1. Preloader is visible till the time page is loaded completely
2. Editing options to decide the color and size of preloader
3. Add a text or an GIF file while your Page is loading
How to Use Adobe Muse Preloader Widget:
Double click on musepen_preloader.mulib to add it to library panel in Adobe Muse.
Once you are ready to use the widget then drag and drop it to the page where you want to add it.
Go to the options panel and update the options explained below
1. Background color : Select the background color from the color pallet that you want apply on preloader background that covers the whole screen.
2. Background Opacity : in case you do want to show some activity of loading process of the page then give it a value less than 1. value of 0.5 means 50% opacity.
3. Background Height : By default its set to 1600 px in case your target visitors are using screens that has height of more than 1600 then you can increase this value till 5000px.
4. Loading Text : Type the message here that you want to show while page is loading.
5. Text Color : Decide the color of the text.
In case you do not want to leave a text message and want to place an animated GIF then use this option and make sure you have left “Loading Text”populated with a space only. Then edit the 3 options below
1. Animator Width: Mention the width of the GIF image that you will be using
2. Animator Height : Mention the height of the GIF image that you will be using
3. Add GIF : Click on “Add File” >> select the file with the help of windows explorer or Finder.
once the details are updated upload your site to server and you will be all set
Feel free to leave a comment below in case you have a doubt or if you like this widget.